Antique Traders - FAKE TIFFANY WINDOW SOLD BY ALAN SCHNIDER OWNER OF ANTIQUE TRADERS SAN FRANCISCO

Sep 14, 2010
review #198460

I was duped into buying a fake Tiffany window by Alan Schneider owner of Antique Traders in San Francisco.I was just getting started collecting Tiffany and I trusted Alan Schneider who has 35 years experience in Tiffany and selling antiques.

Watch out for this guy he is slick. Several experts from major auction houses examined the Tiffany and told me I paid 20 times what this fake is worth.

I asked the store owner to cancel the sale and refund my money but he refuses.Antique Traders in San Francisco and the owner Alan Schneider is not to be trusted.

8a14be9
3.8
Had an experience with Antique Traders?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
tiffanist

Nov 23, 2013

No trust and sincerity according to this. Watch out, people.

Nov 12, 2012

I have had three experts that work for the major auction houses look at the window and each one of them told me it is a fake. The lamp base a questionable with non Tiffany parts on it and a shade not signed that may be also fake. This guy is evil, a flim flam. He took my money and does not stand behind what he sells. Only deal with reputable Dealers.

the antique traders

Nov 12, 2012

I HAVE BEEN IN THIS SAME LOCATION IN SAN FRANCISCO FOR 43 YEARS AND THIS IS THE ONLY COMPLAINT....IT IS FALSE...

Jul 14, 2011

What does being a very rich human have to do with anything? Now he says it is a period window..I have written correspondence from him indicating it was by Tiffany. I asked him to cancell the sale and refund my money and he would not. Only deal with reputable dealers.

antique traders

Jun 06, 2011

this man is just a very rich human being that was told originally that I would buy the window back from him over a year ago...he would not talk about it, but wanted to make waves. I told him originally that I was not guarantee the window to be tiffany, but from the period , but he would not listen....he is the only person in 40 years that has complained about my business and my honesty..so If you want to hear the truth of the issue, please contact me at my business number or just come and talk with me...this is embarrassng , but I have no choice but to write this response.....

Jun 01, 2011

I had two top Tiffany experts look at the window and two experts from major auction houses look at the window and ALL OF THEM told me it was not by Tiffany. This man really hurt me financially.

theantiquetraders

May 10, 2011

this is totally a false statement..I never sold him a window that was fake...I also offered to by it back when he questioned it after I had other experts look at it..also the lamp was supported by another expert to be correct..this guy never even contacted me regarding the lamp question...totally false as I have been in business for 40 and his complaint is the only one...

Guest

Jan 09, 2011

Maybe the BBB could be of help to you. With all due respect,I believe most of the original Tiffany stained glass either lamps or whatever it may be are in museums.

29871888

Nov 20, 2010

Wow..they should do what they did to the guys selling fake goods at fishermans warf and put him in jail.

×
You were reading a complaint about Antique Traders.
Filing a new complaint about
×